English Academy for Newcomers (EAN) is a young NGO, based in Utrecht. We are a multicultural team that helps people with the support from the Applied Linguistics team at Utrecht University. We help refugees and asylum seekers find stability in the Netherlands. EAN teaches English to refugees that want to improve their English language skills either to pursue an education in the Netherlands or for other reasons. We are a friendly, international team of people who are focused on creating an environment of continuous learning among our students and teachers.
Note: We are a volunteer organization and all positions are currently unpaid.
The accountant manages EANs finances. The accountant generates quarterly reports to the board and yearly reports as per the requirements of a non-profit organization. The accountant furthermore manages the payment of volunteer stipends.
- Proficient in English
- Proficient in MS Excel, Quickbooks or other account management software
- Bachelors in accounting and/or finance
- Quarterly financial report generation
- Sending monthly stipend payments
- Note: at the moment there are not funds for stipend payments, so this responsibility it not yet active.
- Yearly report generation
We’re looking for candidates who want to take initiative and mark their mark on the organization. EAN is still a new NGO, so whatever the candidate brings to the table can have a lasting impact on the future of the organization.
- Candidate can work remotely if not in Utrecht
- Infrequent labor requirements. Accountant only works when necessary as per the frequency of the task. For example, stipend payments are once a month and board reports are once a quarter.
How to apply:
We are always keen to meet energetic and talented professionals who would like to join our team. If you would like to make a difference and have a fulfilling volunteer teaching experience at EAN, please apply to this vacancy by clicking on the link below. Please submit your CV and tell us what are some of the reasons that motivated you to apply for this role.
Want to know more about us? please, visit our website englishfornewcomers.org