Activation and day care (Amsterdam)
Refugees without a residence permit do not have access to government facilities, are not allowed to work, cannot attend education above the age of eighteen and do not volunteer. As a result, people fall into idleness, often with negative consequences for mental and physical health.
The ASKV / Steunpunt Vluchtelingen organizes day activities, apprenticeships and courses with which refugees can work towards a realistic future. Participants became proficient in furniture making, cutting, web design, making clothes, repairing bicycles and much more. But more importantly, people regain control of their own lives and take their future into their own hands.
You participate in the education project of the ASKV / Steunpunt Vluchtelingen. The volunteer:
- Recruits and selects participants for the various processes (contributions to recruitment emails, contacts with (partner) organizations where necessary, contact with colleagues internally about recruitment & project);
- Motivates and coaches participants;
- Fill in registration forms together with the client;
- Processes applications and schedules intakes;
- Holds intake interviews with (future) participants;
- Is responsible for answering e-mail via the general mailbox;
- Contributes to the structural monitoring & evaluation of the project (through intakes, but also by taking effect measurements). In addition, it is possible to be present at the focus group discussions);
- Confirms placement of participants, maintains contacts with participants after placement (for questions, cancellations or special circumstances);
- Supports the work-study programs at the various locations, visits regularly;
- Maintains a client database;
- Answers questions from participants and interested parties (by telephone and by mail);
- Looks for other options when a course is not available, or the client is not suitable for the course.
Job requirements ASKV:
- HBO / university thinking level;
- Good knowledge of Dutch and English in speech and writing;
- Affinity with the objectives and target group of the ASKV;
- Hands-on, energetic, likes to tackle, is practical and shows initiative;
- Organizational and planned;
- An open attitude and can handle cultural differences well;
- Works accurately and functions well in a team context.
Time and period
Six months, at least 3 days a week. You can apply until 31 May. Exact start date and additional months can be adjusted.
About ASKV / Steunpunt Vluchtelingen
Naast hulpverlening en huisvesting werkt ASKV aan een structurele verbetering van hun positie door campagnes, onderzoek, lobby en acties. ASKV wil een volwaardig bestaan voor alle vluchtelingen in Nederland, ook als zij (nog) niet over een verblijfsvergunning beschikken. Iedereen heeft dezelfde basisrechten, zoals onderdak, middelen voor levensonderhoud en gezondheidszorg. Ook heeft iedereen het recht op zelfbeschikking en de mogelijkheid om talenten en vaardigheden te ontplooien.