Scan me or visit www.deedmob.com/o/British-Heart-Foundation1/opportunities/Shop-Volunteer/41873 to join
SummaryOur sales floor volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our store in Huntingdon. Could you be the friendly face of our store?
Our sales floor volunteers are the first point of contact for customers when they enter our store in Huntingdon. You will be greeting customers, helping them find the items they’re looking for and answering their questions. You will provide invaluable help through the running of the store, keeping it stocked and attractively displayed.
Being part of a retail team to raise funds is very motivating. You will be representing the British Heart Foundation to the local community and raising as much money as possible for the charity.
Funding for researchers begins at your local charity shop. Now, more than ever, we are in urgent need of public support to enable us to continue our life saving research and help the 7.4 million people in the UK living with heart and circulatory diseases. This wouldn’t be possible without our fantastic volunteers.
Our team is welcoming and friendly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Serving customers & providing good all-round customer service
· Promoting our campaigns to customers
· Promoting instore sales
· Working on window and shop displays
· Keeping the shop tidy, clean and well organised
· Interacting with the general public
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, to make new friends and meet a diverse group of people
· The opportunity to make an invaluable contribution to British Heart Foundation goal of beating heartbreak forever
· The time to develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· The ability to gain valuable work experience to add onto your CV and to learn new skills
· Flexibility to fit with your lifestyle
About British Heart Foundation
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.