Warehouse Warriors Wanted!
Scan me or visit www.deedmob.com/o/British-Heart-Foundation1/opportunities/Warehouse-Warriors-Wanted/29089 to join
Are you someone who would like to stay in shape, help save the planet and raise funds to save lives? Volunteering in our Cambridge furniture store warehouse could be the answer.
We need warehouse warrior volunteers to keep our stock moving from the van to the warehouse and shop floor, and back to the van for delivery when items are sold.
This role can be physical but it’s not just moving furniture around. There are other opportunities to help in our warehouse, such as warehouse logistics, booking stock in, building our flat-packed furniture, and testing electrical items – you can try different roles.
Our team is bright and bubbly, and we love meeting people from all walks of life.
Typical tasks include:
· Ensuring the warehouse is always kept clean, safe and organised
· Safely lifting and carrying a range of furniture items, big or small – it all helps!
· Dealing with van deliveries to the shop and preparing deliveries for customers
· Building flat-pack furniture for display purposes, carrying out light furniture repairs if confident alongside Warehouse Supervisor
· Re-stocking furniture on the shop floor as items are sold
· Acting as an ambassador for the British Heart Foundation
You get a lot from volunteering too:
· A chance to work in a friendly team, make new friends & meet a diverse group
· The feel-good factor of making an invaluable contribution towards the British Heart Foundation goal to Beat Heartbreak Forever
· Develop your confidence and interpersonal skills
· Gain valuable experience to add to your CV and learn new skills
· Reasonable travel reimbursed in agreement with the Manager
About British Heart Foundation
By 2030, we want to see advances across the spectrum of heart and circulatory diseases; we want to prevent these conditions from developing and we want those with existing conditions to have better, longer lives.