We are looking for location coordinators for BuurtBuik Utrecht! We are currently looking for a location coordinator for location De Boog in Overvecht. Do you want to be sustainably active in addition to your work or study? Will you be the face of BuurtBuik Overvecht? Do you have the organizational skills to make sure everything runs smoothly on location?
BuurtBuik collects surplus food from supermarkets, greengrocers and catering establishments and prepares a delicious meal every week to serve to local residents. BuurtBuik's mission: to save food, to bring local residents together who could use a helping hand and / or who need social contact. BuurtBuik is located at various locations in Amsterdam, Rotterdam and Utrecht.
BuurtBuik Utrecht consists of a five-member board that manages the locations in Utrecht. The location coordinators are the eyes and ears of the location and are in close contact with the board. You:
- Are the point of contact for our location in Overvecht! You know exactly what is going on at this location and you maintain contact with the volunteers, suppliers and guests.
- Ensures that everything related to the preparation and serving of the meal runs smoothly. In addition, you make sure that everyone is in the right place and feels comfortable.
- Keeps the board informed of the state of affairs on a weekly basis and indicates in good time if something needs to be replaced or purchased.
- Make the monthly schedule together with the volunteer coordinator of the board and you ensure that there is always sufficient staffing. Is anyone sick? Then you ensure that a replacement is arranged.
- By regularly showing your face you know how to create confidence. Everyone can contact you!
Who are you?
- You love people of all shapes, colors and sizes. You are naturally superior, reliable and have leadership qualities. You are social and have an empathetic capacity, so you can manage and support volunteers.
- You also have organizational skills so that you can monitor and plan the overview, so the timetable is always well organized!
- You are flexible and you are available on average 2-5 hours per week. At least two of these are Saturdays in the month that you are present in the community center while serving the meals! We cook between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
What do you get in return?
An enthusiastic team, an educational experience in leading meals where a very diverse audience comes together to have a nice meal, and the opportunity to actively fight against food waste.
Volunteers and neighbors collect the food and jointly cook a free and healthy meal. A creative challenge every time: after all, you never know what the yield of the day will be! When dinner is ready, anyone who wants to is welcome to sit at the table. Because in addition to good food, BuurtBuik is mainly about fun.