Vacancy Fundraiser equity funds | 4-6 hours p.w.
ANBI foundation By the Ocean we Unite was founded in 2016 by professional sailor Thomas van Thiel. In 2014 he made his big dream come true: sailing across the Atlantic Ocean. After 10 days of sailing and with 11 days to go back on land, he came across a plastic bottle in the middle of that blue desert.
This hit hard, so far from the continents. Thomas decided to dedicate his time to protecting his beloved oceans. Now, 4 years later, we are getting ready for the next step in our
Vision & mission
We are steadily sailing towards our dot on the horizon: a world in which plastic no longer ends up in nature and the ecosystems on planet Earth no longer experience any negative effects from our handling of the material.
On the way to that horizon, we positively motivate people to use plastic differently by creating Ocean Ambassadors through:
- increasing knowledge of plastic pollution through (citizen) scientific research on national and international sailing expeditions;
- inform and inspire consumers, businesses, policy makers, influencers and educators by letting them experience our research, our waters and plastic pollution, real-life or digital;
- offering tools to bring about behavioral change at an individual, organizational and policy level;
- connecting our field as initiator of the largest network.
Together on course for cleaner oceans!
Just like the focus on plastic soup, the By the Ocean we Unite volunteer team is growing fast. Immediately we are looking for an experienced Fundraiser.
We have passed the start-up phase and are striving for upscaling. We are working towards a situation with a number of part-timers and FTEs. Income from our activities, partnerships and donations are not sufficient for this.
We are looking for an experienced fundraiser who shares the philosophy of By the Ocean we Unite and who wants to grow with the foundation. You will get excited about the mighty seas and oceans of this planet and have previously worked in the world of plastic pollution. The first application was made to a large equity fund in September - however, we are evolving rapidly as an organization and believe that the application could be more stringent.
We expect you to spend about 4-6 hours per week doing:
- further developing our strategy towards equity funds;
- tightening up our fund application (the first application was made in September);
- writing to new capital funds;
- relationship management of existing and new contacts at funds;
- hold talks with funds (together with our CEO);
- thinking about other ways to raise funds.
Our wishes are that you:
- can work well with deadlines;
- have proven experience in fundraising in the world of plastic pollution.
It concerns a self-employed job on a commission basis.
What do we offer?
You will work in a highly driven team where (scientific) knowledge acquisition, nature experience and the generation of as much impact as possible are central. You will be involved in special events on both water and land and you will be fed with the latest insights into the plastic problem and opportunities.
You also get access to a very extensive and warm network in the world of plastic pollution. We recently opened a great office at De Nieuwe Meer in Amsterdam South. Of course we work from home during this time. You work for us on a commission basis; percentages we agree with you.
Do you fit in with By the Ocean we Unite?
Our drive from intrinsic motivation has brought us to where we are. We are always very enthusiastic about our enthusiastic and inspiring team, and hopefully you too. The foundation is going through an exciting phase of professionalization. You will work closely with the MT ('Wheelhouse') consisting of Karl Beerenfenger (CEO) and Maarten Erich (Science Coordinator).
Are you excited? Do you see opportunities to help us reach even more people and move us to use plastic differently to contribute to the crucial system change? Send your motivation and CV quickly!