Vacature Social Media Manager | 8 uur per week
ANBI foundation By the Ocean we Unite was founded in 2016 by professional sailor Thomas van Thiel. In 2014 he made his big dream come true: sailing across the Atlantic Ocean. After 10 days of sailing and with 11 days to go back on land, he came across a plastic bottle in the middle of that blue desert.
This hit hard, so far from the continents. Thomas decided to dedicate his time to protecting his beloved oceans. Now, 4 years later, we are getting ready for the next step in our
Vision & mission
We are steadily sailing towards our dot on the horizon: a world in which plastic no longer ends up in nature and the ecosystems on planet Earth no longer experience any negative effects from our handling of the material.
On the way to that horizon, we positively motivate people to use plastic differently by creating Ocean Ambassadors through:
- increasing knowledge of plastic pollution through (citizen) scientific research on national and international sailing expeditions;
- inform and inspire consumers, businesses, policy makers, influencers and educators by letting them experience our research, our waters and plastic pollution, real-life or digital;
- offering tools to bring about behavioral change at an individual, organizational and policy level;
- connecting our field as initiator of the largest network.
Together on course for cleaner oceans!
Just like the attention for plastic soup, the By the Ocean we Unite volunteer team is growing rapidly. Immediately we are looking for an experienced Social Media manager.
Our social media activities are currently still managed by the content manager. But our community is growing and social media play an increasingly important role in this. That is why we are looking for an experienced Social Media manager who will give these channels the attention they deserve. The Content Manager will then focus on web content, blogs and journalism.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for an experienced Social Media Manager who shares the philosophy of By the Ocean we Unite and who wants to grow with the foundation. You get excited about the mighty seas and oceans of this planet and have a good knowledge of plastic pollution. We expect you to spend about 8 hours a week on:
- manage our social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube & Twitter;
- sharpening our social media strategy;
- creating content for these channels;
- attend editorial meetings;
- consultation with and reporting to the Content Manager.
Our wishes are that you:
- can work independently;
- can work well with deadlines;
- have proven experience with social media management in the sustainable sector.
What do we offer?
It concerns a position of a maximum of eight hours per week with a view of the lake. For the time being it is an unpaid position.
You will work in a highly driven team where (scientific) knowledge acquisition, nature experience and the generation of as much impact as possible are central. You will be involved in special events on both water and land and you will be fed with the latest insights into the plastic problem and opportunities. You also get access to a very extensive and warm network in the world of plastic pollution. We recently opened a great office at De Nieuwe Meer in Amsterdam South. Of course we work from home during this time. We offer a volunteer position with expense allowance,
Do you fit in with By the Ocean we Unite?
Our drive from intrinsic motivation has brought us to where we are. We are always very enthusiastic about our enthusiastic and inspiring team, and hopefully you too. The foundation is going through an exciting phase of professionalization. You will work closely with the MT ('Wheelhouse') and will be directly managed by Content Manager Annelore van der Lint.
Are you excited? Do you see opportunities to help us reach even more people and move us to use plastic differently to contribute to the crucial system change in the world? Send your motivation and CV quickly!