Codam Mentorship Program
We invite you to think back to the start of your career. What was most exciting? What challenges did you run into along the way? And what would have been different if you'd had the opportunity to work with a mentor?
Our students are pondering these very questions as they enter the job market.
That’s why, we’ve established the Codam Mentorship Program: to provide a support system of experienced professionals to better prepare the students for their career by bridging the gap between their personal goals & skills and the job market.
What role will you play as a Codam mentor?
Mentorship program has as a main goal to stimulate the transfer of experience between senior professionals and students.
As a mentor, you will:
- Council the students in their career choices based on students’ interests & aspirations;
- Help them discover new options & opportunities in the job market;
- Help them build their career goals and manage their expectations towards them.
Codam students want to learn from people who have gone through the process themselves. Students also benefit from having the personal attention of a caring professional, which helps to bridge the gap between being a student and entering a company.
How does mentoring work?
We will match-make you with one of the Codam students based on students’ & your preferences.
Once you are paired with a student, the structure is as follows:
> minimum 1-hour call or face-to-face meeting per month,
> minimum mentorship of 3 months in order to have enough time to build trust with the student.
What does the program look like?
March 30, 15:00-17:00
Kick-off Mentorship Program with speed dating sessions based on which we will match you with your mentee.
April 8, 12:00-13:00
Mentoring Session I
May 6, 16:00-17:00+
Mentoring Session II
Thrs, June 3, 16:00-17:00+
Mentoring Session III
How can you become a mentor?
Click on 'Join' and your application will be directly sent to us. Please include what your interests are and how you would like to contribute to the student's development as a mentor. In that way we could best match you with a student.
Please note: mentor spots are limited, so we will make a selection of mentors.
Thank you for supporting new tech talent. We’re excited to see how you inspire the next generation.
What's Codam Coding College?
Codam Coding College is the only peer-to-peer coding institution in the Netherlands training students to become qualified software engineers and design inclusive solutions for the challenges of today and tomorrow. At Codam, students build technical expertise and grow adaptability, autonomy, and empathy, in close collaboration with private and public partners.
Codam's educational model is based on the following principles:
- ZERO teachers: Students come up with own solutions by identifying, acquiring, and applying the relevant knowledge without any guidance, which enables them to learn new programming languages fast;
- ZERO classes: Students learn to learn by searching for solutions themselves and helping each other out;
- ZERO tuition: Students do not require a prior diploma or to pay any tuition. We’re not in it for the money, we believe in what we do;
- 100% coding: Students discover and learn different programming topics only by solving projects & assignments. They are capable of creating their own fully functioning programs which they themselves are responsible for and must justify the solutions they come up with.
Why Codam students?
Due to the educational model, our students are unique as well:
- Our students are problem solvers & project owners since their study is based on assignments with minimum guidance;
- Our students require minimum supervision;
- Our curriculum is based on a learning-to-learn methodology which enables them to learn new programming languages fast;
- Our students are great team players since the entire learning method is based on peer-to-peer;
- Our students will contribute to your team from day one due to the hands-on keyboard approach of the educational model.