Put climate justice on the map
Let's talk about fair climate solutions. About what climate justice is and why it is so important. And about how hard it is to talk about it. How do you do that without coming across as learning? Or how do you ensure that people participate instead of closing and running away?
In this project you help Milieudefensie with setting up a large national campaign. And you are going to get people moving. You learn about climate justice and how you can discuss it in different places. With people you already know, with the festive atmosphere of a festival or with people at home. Specifically you go:
- Thinking along and deciding on a new online tool for communication about the climate movement.
- After a training on climate justice and conversation in a street team in conversation with people. That can be at a festival or door-to-door.
- Encourage the supporters of Milieudefensie and the JMA (Jongeren Milieu Actief) to volunteer for this campaign.
And to make it even better: you work together with other young people in the heart of Amsterdam or in another place in the Netherlands. You can also go to monthly themed meet-ups that deal with climate and justice. So sharpen your brain and tongue and sign up!
- Location: Amsterdam, with trips throughout the country.
- National starting and closing meeting on 7-9-2019 and 1-2-2020
- Working days mainly on Friday, occasionally in the evening
- For more info: Souad Mokhtari: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Green traineeship gives you
- a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national green organization
- professional guidance and personal guidance from a mentor
- collaborate with a group of 10 trainees
- relevant training and workshops;
- an upgrade of your network;
- a creative environment where you can discover and deploy your talent;
- the ability to turn ideas into implementation;
- a financial allowance of € 2 per hour and a travel allowance.
- A Green Traineeship participation certificate and a reference letter (on request)
So are you
- Between 16 and 30 years old?
- Available from 7-9-2019 to 1-2-2020 (± 8 hours per week)?
- Ready to tackle the climate problem?
Then sign up! Then you will be called for an intake interview by the project leader of MilieuDefensie Souad Mokhtari
About Groen Traineeship
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship on www.groentraineeship.nl.
The registration for block 2 is open! Register quickly for the Green Traineeship that suits you.