Festival Tour - Kickstart the Year of the Change!
Did you know that 65% (!) Of Dutch young people are concerned about the climate, but do not know what they can do themselves? 2020 is an important year. The Netherlands must become more sustainable quickly, but in an honest manner. Because where do costs end up? And which jobs are lost? The time of signing petitions is over: by activating young people you will give the Year of the Change a kick start!
At Milieudefensie and youth organization Jongeren Milieu Actief (JMA) you are going to reach and bring young people together with a campaign! And you do that by setting up a drum roll - a festival tour! Together with your team you will reach young people from different backgrounds at student markets, festivals or neighborhood parties, you name it. It is up to you to think about what the festival tour should look like. Think of the story that you tell, which materials are needed, but also the budget and communication. Finally, your goal is to really organize these young people. So what do the next steps look like after the tour?
Together we shape a crazy half-year. Hope to see you soon! Souad and Bruno.
In short: your commitment
Milieudefensie has set up a campaign. You're going:
- Help determine the target groups for young people;
- Thinking together with the JMA how to make a real catchy festival tour. You come up with stands and workshops, for example, you research different festivals, neighborhood parties and markets. And you think about the key question: "How do you ensure that young people continue to work for the climate after the tour?"
- You are at a number of festivals;
- You train the following team to complete your work during the summer.
In short: your impact
When you leave the battlefield you have formed different teams of young people thanks to the tour. There are groups of young people who know how to make an impact on the climate themselves. And they have met other people who are doing the same things. And there is another group of young people who will continue your awesome work. This is how your work continues at Milieudefensie.
Fixed day is Thursday, Wednesday is optional. This means at least 7.5 hours and a maximum of 15 hours per week. That depends on your availability.
What do we offer?
The Green Traineeship gives you
- a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature, education and sustainability;
- professional guidance;
- collaborate with a group of 10 trainees
- relevant training and workshops;
- an upgrade of your network;
- a creative environment where you can discover and deploy your talent;
- the ability to turn ideas into implementation;
- a volunteer allowance of max. 170 per month or travel costs.
So are you:
- Between 16 and 30 years old?
- Ready to increase your impact?
- Available from 01-02-2020 to 20-06-2020 (± 8-15 hours per week)?
Then sign up quickly!
Office of Milieudefensie / Jongeren Milieu Actief, Nieuwe Looierstraat 31, 1017 VA Amsterdam. You have the option to work flexibly from home if you work more than one week.
Youth organizer Bruno Lauteslager, firstname.lastname@example.org , 020-6262 620
General information about the Green Traineeship can be found at www.groentraineeship.nl.