Do you give the green youth community a boost?
Roll up those sleeves, put on your boots, and create an unforgettable campaign with us! We will mobilize young people in South Holland to work in nature in their neighborhood.
Every year, hundreds of people take action for nature and biodiversity in South Holland during the annual Nature Work Day. The 20th edition of the Nature Work Day will take place on 7 November 2020. A moment we take to involve even more young people in all the beauty you can do in green. That is now extra important, because nature can use a helping hand. That is why we are launching a campaign, where there are cool nature jobs to be done in 20 places in South Holland, especially for young people between 20 and 30 years old.
Do you have a green heart, are you creative and do you have 1001 ideas on how to enthuse and mobilize other young people to get to work in nature near them? Then this project is really something for you! Join us in creating a unique campaign that will boost both the nature and the green youth community in South Holland.
In short: your commitment
Together with other trainees and the Nature Work Day team you will work on setting up and implementing a youth campaign. You go:
- Participate in the development of a youth campaign.
- Collaborations with innovative green initiatives in South Holland.
- A number of locations advise, support and coach in setting up cool nature jobs for young people.
- Pro-actively mobilize young people to participate in the campaign, for example through schools and youth organizations, but also online.
- During the nature work days help to make the nature jobs a great success and to make this visible via social media.
- Thinking about a continuation of the campaign in 2021 and beyond.
In short: your impact
Thanks to your efforts, we mobilize as many young people as possible in South Holland to roll up their sleeves and get to work in their neighborhood during the Nature Work Day on November 7, 2020. This traineeship therefore gives a boost to the South Holland nature and biodiversity, which is very much needed. In addition, the Nature Work Day in 2020 is also a teaser for green voluntary work for young people. After the Nature Work Day, they are eager to get back to work. You also help to build a green youth network in South Holland, which will continue to work flexibly for the greenery in their neighborhood after Nature Work Day.
The traineeship starts on August 22 (national start day) and ends on November 20. In these three months you will work with the campaign on average 1 day a week. In total you will be working on this project between 80 and 90 hours. Wednesday is the regular working day at the office, it is also nice if you are flexible and can occasionally work on other days (at home).
What do we offer?
The Green Traineeship gives you
- A unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature, education and sustainability;
- professional guidance;
- working with a group of 5-10 trainees
- relevant training and workshops;
- an upgrade of your network;
- a creative environment where you can discover and use your talent;
- the possibility to convert ideas into implementation;
- a financial volunteer allowance of max. 170 euros per month.
So are you:
- Between 16 and 30 years old?
- Ready to increase your impact?
- Available from August 22 to November 20?
Then sign up quickly!
The office location for this project is in Delft. Due to the Corona measures, it may be that we move to another (more spacious) location in South Holland. In addition, we work with various programs and tools that enable online collaboration and meetings. We follow developments and ensure a safe working environment.
General information about the Green Traineeship can be found at www.groentraineeship.nl.