Do you share the adventure of volunteers?
** This Green Traineeship is in Dutch. Sometimes your browser wants to translate the text into English. If so, check your browser settings and set it to Dutch, you will see the original Dutch text **
Would you like to know what a mouse rider is? Or what a living hedge looks like or where a partridge finds cover? If so, join the Brabant volunteers on an adventure!
About 3000 volunteers in 150 volunteer groups are active in and for nature in Brabant. We find that wonderful and very important. Because without all those passionate volunteers, our nature would be a lot less good. Consider, for example, all those people who go out during the breeding season to protect the nests of, among others, the godwit and lapwing. Or the volunteers who ensure that mouse riders are built, pools remain open or timber webs are sawn. They are also committed to protecting special species such as the barn owl, long-eared bat, moor frogs and gentian blue. The volunteers are essential for nature and therefore also our landscape.
We are very proud of all the work these volunteers do. Only most people don't know at all that so much is happening. Our volunteers are very good with nature, but they are less good at social media, making videos and promoting their own work. That is why we are looking for you to make their important work, knowledge and enthusiasm more visible.
How they become more visible? That is up to you. You are in control; filming, photos, socials, podcasts, radio, the possibilities are endless. This, of course, in collaboration with our enthusiastic volunteers, who all have their own knowledge and stories. During the traineeship you will also gain experience with various multimedia, including workshops and training by experts. With your decisiveness, creativity and experience you can inspire us, Brabant Landscape, to portray all those volunteers who are committed to our nature. With your help, the appreciation and enthusiasm about volunteering can only grow and all those extra hands are desperately needed to protect Dutch nature together.
In short: your commitment
- Together with fellow trainees you will visit various volunteer groups in Brabant. You get a look at the nature work that they do and you can talk to them. You will meet various volunteers and visit some of the most beautiful nature reserves in Brabant.
- You visualize different volunteer groups in your own way: the possibilities are endless
In short: your impact
With your help, more (young) people will become enthusiastic about what you can do for nature and landscape in your area. By showing what important work is already being done and how much fun it is to be a volunteer, more people become enthusiastic about making a contribution to nature. We will take your approach and advice with us to put nature work on the map in the future.
- After the start on February 28, the traineeship will run until the end of June. It consists of 14 days of approximately 6 hours a day.
- On the following 8 Wednesdays there is a joint day: 3, 10, 17, 31 March, 14 April, 19 May, 2 June, 16 June.
- On 5 days (to be planned yourself) you will join a volunteer group somewhere in Brabant together with another trainee.
- There is 1 self-scheduling day for personal development in the sense of following e-learning sessions or online lectures, making a film on the road for Omroep Brabant, or visiting a network meeting.
- The joint days take place either in the Vught / Boxtel region
- If corona measures still apply, the joint sessions are online
- The days when you go out with volunteers are spread all over Brabant. You then go to the location where the volunteer group is active.
What do we offer? (additions possible)
The Green Traineeship gives you
- a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature, education and sustainability;
- professional guidance;
- work together with a group of 10 to 15 trainees
- relevant training courses and workshops (such as making short videos of Roel Diepstraten from Vroege Vogels)
- an upgrade of your network;
- come into contact with all kinds of voluntary work in the field of nature and landscape;
- a creative environment where you can discover and use your talent;
- the ability to turn ideas into action;
- a travel allowance.
So are you (additions possible):
- Between 18 and 27 years old?
- Ready to increase your impact?
- Available from February 27, 2021 to July 3, 2021 (± 6 per week)?
Then sign up quickly!
Linda de Haas, Brabant Landscape
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship at www.groentraineeship.nl.