Are you between 16 and 27? Do you have about 1 day a week? And do you want to actively contribute to nature and sustainability in the Netherlands? For example, putting nature work on the map among ...
From sandy desert to natural feast! Commit yourself to more nature on the beach
** This Green Traineeship is in Dutch. Sometimes your browser wants to translate the text into English. If so, check your browser settings and set it to Dutch, you will see the original Dutch text **
Beaches contribute to the biodiversity in our country. Unique plant and animal species live in the tide line and beach birds find a place to breed. Unfortunately, the beaches - now largely an ecological desert - leave little room for nature due to intensive management and human activities. The machine clean-up not only clears waste, but also removes washed-up marine life from the beach. As a result, a healthy breeding ground for further beach life disappears and nature cannot develop further.
You can change this! Project Het Groene Strand wants to give nature and nature experience its place back on the beach with your help! We want to tackle this by changing the current beach management, establishing beach communities and setting up resting places for birds.
The aim of the traineeship is to expand these beach communities with young people who will commit to the same goals and activities. So that young people are aware of the importance of natural (more) management on / off the beach. The trainees do this by organizing a nature festival in which they recruit young people for the beach community.
We work closely together in 3 provinces; Zeeland, South Holland and North Holland. Preparation and development take place together, implementation per province separately. Depending on the registrations, we will look together where the best opportunities lie.
In short: your commitment
Together with the other trainees you organize a Nature Festival with the aim of starting a youth beach community that is committed to a clean natural beach with natural values. The following activities are important to organize the Nature Festival:
- Set up a (clean-up) event on 1 or preferably more beaches to attract young people and make them aware of Green Beaches
- Create communication campaign; how do you involve young people in the Groene Strand?
- Collaborate with working groups that are committed to Green Beaches and breeding birds
- Campaign to make monitoring sexy for this community and during Natuurfestijn
- Strategy how volunteer work groups can continue to involve young people
In short: your impact
You contribute to restoring nature and nature experiences on the Dutch beach. Through your efforts, you involve young people in creating Green Beaches and make them aware of what a clean beach with natural values can mean for breeding birds.
Start traineeship on February 27, 2021 to July 3, starting and concluding with a national day.
About 8 hours a week, alternately we meet digitally or go on an excursion (together or in separate groups). The fixed day to get together, digitally or live, is Friday.
The Green Beach project is spread over the Dutch coast. We want to work with the trainees in the provinces of Zeeland, South Holland and North Holland.
There is space in the office per province:
Zeeland - Wilhelminadorp
South Holland - Delft
North Holland - Heiloo
What do we offer?
The Green Traineeship gives you:
- a unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature, education and sustainability;
- professional guidance;
- work together with a group of 10 to 15 trainees;
- relevant training and workshops;
- an upgrade of your network;
- a creative environment where you can discover and use your talent;
- the ability to convert ideas into implementation;
- a travel allowance.
So are you:
- Between 16 and 27 years old?
- Ready to increase your impact?
- Available from February 27, 2021 to July 3, 2021 (± 8 hours per week)?
- Do you live in Zeeland, South Holland or North Holland and do you have a passion for the beach?
Then sign up quickly!
Lotte Blanken, LandschappenNL
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship at www.groentraineeship.nl.