From drifting dunes to urban nature: discovery tour through NP Hollandse Duinen
In these times when we 'have to' and ask a lot of ourselves, there is a great need for rest and relaxation. As a counter-movement to mass tourism and standard walks, the concept IVN Trekking tours was created. Are you going on a journey of discovery through the Hollandse Duinen National Park with us?
In four weeks you will literally enter the Hollandse Duinen National Park with about 10 young people. You speak to foresters, entrepreneurs and recreationists and experience the story of the national park yourself. With that information and experience, we develop a multi-day hike that offers young people the opportunity to discover the area in a unique way.
During the traineeship you will receive training and workshops that help you take the trek to a higher level. At the end of the traineeship, you will have experienced the Hollandse Duinen National Park and we will have sufficient material to launch an IVN Trekking Hollandse Duinen.
IVN Nature Education develops these Treks in several places in the country. The aim of the traineeship is to develop the IVN Trektocht Hollandse Duinen. Read more about the existing treks via the IVN website.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for trainees who are eager to learn new things and come into contact with like-minded young people. You also enjoy going out in a small group, discovering nature and challenging others to do the same. In addition, we are looking for trainees who would like to make contact with stakeholders in the area and develop a practical product in a short period of time that challenges other young people to discover the area (in their own way).
In short: your commitment
● Together with other trainees you will discover the most beautiful places in the Hollandse Duinen National Park.
● You translate the story of the Hollandse Duinen National Park into a multi-day hike, in collaboration with the existing network of Hosts of the Landscape, volunteers and site managers.
In short: your impact
You contribute to a counter movement of mass tourism and offer a large group of young people the opportunity to discover nature in a unique way. In doing so, you contribute to our greater mission: to bring people and nature closer together.
In the period from 3 to 29 July 2021 you will work on the project three days a week. Tuesday is the regular contact day on which training and presentations take place. On Wednesdays and Thursdays you go into the field, or you work independently with (sub) groups on certain parts of the hike.
Exports largely in the Hollandse Duinen National Park
Contact moments at the Rijswijk office or other location in The Hague if circumstances permit
Corona measures & alternative
● The entire project can be executed corona-proof. We will adjust the group size with which we are going to discover the area to the measures applicable at that time.
● With buddy teams we ensure that no one is really working alone.
● We have gained a lot of experience with digital meetings, both for serious work and for fun moments such as drinks and acquaintances.
● Should we unexpectedly end up in a complete lockdown, the project is flexible to be able to execute specific parts digitally.
About the organization
IVN Nature Education connects people and nature. We let young and old experience how fun, healthy and important nature is. We do this with nature activities, courses, projects and campaigns. Learning and doing yourself is always central.
What do we offer?
The Green Traineeship gives you
● A unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature, education and sustainability;
● Professional guidance;
● Collaborate with a group of 10 - 15 trainees;
● Relevant training courses and workshops (including a National Parks training course, storytelling and the IVN route app);
● An upgrade of your network;
● A creative environment where you can discover and use your talent;
● The ability to convert ideas into implementation;
● Travel allowance.
So are you:
● Between 16 and 27 years old?
● Ready to increase your impact?
● Available from July 3 to 29, 2021
Then sign up quickly!
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship at www.groentraineeship.nl.