The Vegetable Garden Improvers: Help the Social Vegetable Garden Sliedrecht grow
The Vegetable Garden Improvers: Help the Social Vegetable Garden Sliedrecht grow.
Would you like to work on a vegetable garden and learn about the social and connecting role of a vegetable garden in an urban area? Then this project is for you! Vegetable gardens play an important role in connecting local residents. In addition, they also play an important role as a more sustainable food producer for the future. With this project you contribute to the improvement of the Social Vegetable Garden Sliedrecht and you get to work to get the most out of the vegetable garden. This social vegetable garden is growing enormously and brings new challenges where we can use your help!
In short: your commitment
During the Green Traineeship, you will work with ten other trainees on the trees, flowers and plants of the Vegetable Garden and develop new ideas. We have three goals within the development of the vegetable garden, from which you can choose one to work on:
- Make a plan to reach more people, especially aimed at motivating more young people.
- Set up new projects / products so that the vegetable garden remains active in the winter months.
- Thinking about financing options so that we can get the most out of the vegetable garden all year round.
In short, do you enjoy learning about the practical side of vegetable gardening and helping in the organizational side of a vegetable garden? Then this is really something for you!
In short: your impact
A lot of developments are taking place in the garden, which we manage with a small team. What is missing is a group of young people who want to contribute creatively to tackling the new challenges. You provide new energy to the garden and contribute to improving the vegetable garden, so that you have a positive impact in various ways.
What do we offer?
- Professional guidance in the various activities on the vegetable gardens to implement new ideas.
- You will have the opportunity to follow workshops and training from experts from our network on: ecological gardening, setting up and executing a social project and expanding your network.
- You will have the opportunity to go on a working visit to another vegetable garden and to work in a social multicultural setting.
- A travel allowance
About the organization
The Social Vegetable Garden Sliedrecht has been an organic vegetable garden of and for the neighborhood since 2012. It is a place where residents from all over Sliedrecht, young and old, learn about vegetables and nature and where people come together. Clients are allowed to help harvest, activities are organized and projects are set up with partners from the area.
From July 12 to August 13, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 08:30 to 15:00. The national start-up day of the Green Traineeship is July 3.
Activities and workshops outside can continue with strict corona measures, because of our own terrain where we can work outside from a distance and the importance of keeping vegetable and care gardens open. Indoor activities may be digital, whereby digital support is possible.
Social Vegetable Garden Sliedrecht, Lijsterweg 70, 3362 BK Sliedrecht
So are you
- Between 16 - 27 years old?
- Interested in working in the green?
- Motivated to have a positive impact?
- Available from July 12th to August 13th?
Then sign up quickly!
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship at www.groentraineeship.nl.