Scan me or visit www.deedmob.com/o/Groen-Traineeship/opportunities/Muiderslot-Plantlab/41888 to join
SummaryDesign inclusive workshops for children on sustainability
The Muiderslot, a beautiful historic castle, is surrounded by a garden that is brimming with living history. The experts of the Muiderslot garden would like to make this green heritage more accessible and transfer their knowledge to young people and children. They can make good use of the enthusiasm and fresh perspective of trainees.
You start off with your hands in the mud. Together with experts you will work in the garden to learn how the special plants in the garden grow, how to care for them, and what underexposed histories lie behind these plants.
From this knowledge you will design workshops for children that will be given at the Muiderslot! Think of:
- making health products from natural ingredients
- cooking with (wild) plants
- coloring fabrics with plants
- collect blueprint and story about a plant from the environment of children
You don't have to figure out how to put together a workshop on your own. An educational expert from the social and sustainable enterprise Fawaka Ondernemersschool, a cooperation partner of the Muiderslot, knows exactly how to ensure that your ideas become reality. You will also learn how to address children from different backgrounds and teach them the importance of caring for people and planet together.
Your bet in short:
- You work in the gardens of Muiderslot for a few weeks to gain knowledge about plants
- You research and develop workshops for children about what you have learned in the gardens of Muiderslot
- You test your workshops yourself with children
Your impact in short:
- Keeping green heritage alive
- Let children experience the importance of sustainability in a positive and playful way, and thereby activate them
From September 25 to the end of December. On 25 September we will meet all green trainees in the Netherlands during a national day. From Monday 27 September we will meet every Monday between 11 am and 5 pm. Where possible on location and otherwise digitally.
- Muiderslot, Herengracht 1, 1398 AA Muiden
- Office Fawaka, Tolhuisweg 1, 1031 CL Amsterdam
About the organization
Fawaka Netherlands is a young organization in growth. Our goal is to inspire sustainable action. In doing so, we hope to show that everyone can work sustainably and thus have a positive impact on people and the environment. We want to make sustainability something of, for and by all Dutch people.
We still need to get on with each other and our planet, so let's talk about how we can best do that. Diversity is the basis for Fawaka Netherlands. It is precisely differences that are interesting. We like to involve people from all cultural backgrounds, all educational levels and all provinces: the more different people and stories, the better!
Will you help to make the whole of the Netherlands sustainable?
What do we offer?
The Green Traineeship gives you
- A unique opportunity to gain knowledge and experience at a national project organization in the field of nature education and sustainability;
- Professional guidance;
- Collaborate with a group of 10 to 15 trainees
- Relevant training and workshops;
- An upgrade of your network;
- A creative environment where you can discover and deploy talent;
- The ability to turn ideas into implementation;
- A travel allowance
So are you
- Between 16 and 27 years old?
- Ready to increase your impact and make inspiring green heritage accessible to kids?
- From September 25, 2021 to the end of December 2021
Then sign up quickly!
About Groen Traineeship
You can find general information about the Green Traineeship at www.groentraineeship.nl.