Volunteer Friendly Home Visit Leidsche Rijn
SummaryFriendly Home Visit establishes contact between two 75+ residents from Leidsche Rijn.
As a volunteer you will have contact with your buddy every two weeks for about a year. You offer a listening ear and talk about what interests someone. You also support taking small steps and explore together what Leidsche Rijn has to offer. The goal is to break through the loneliness and ensure that your buddy gets more fun in life. Due to corona, it is possible to have the contact by telephone or digitally.
I want to give time and attention
You can become a buddy if you:
- you live in Leidsche Rijn and are 75 years or older.
- likes to use your time and attention to mean something for a peer from Leidsche Rijn who feels alone.
- enjoy working with someone to take small steps that suit your buddy's wants and needs. For example building a social network.
- Knows Leidsche Rijn well and / or would like to get to know this district better.
- are available for 1.5 to 2 hours every other week for about a year. You decide together when you see each other.
You will receive guidance from a voluntary coordinator. In addition, we offer an introductory meeting and peer review, because we believe that you are better equipped to help people to change their situation on their own. And so you do your volunteer work with more pleasure.
Collaboration Humanitas and de Zonnebloem
Friendly Home Visit is a project of Humanitas and focuses on lonely residents of Utrecht. Thanks to a grant from ZonMw, we can pay extra attention to people over 75 in Leidsche Rijn. We do this in collaboration with the Zonnebloem.
Do you recognize yourself in this?
Sign up now via this site!
Do you live in a different neighborhood? Are you not 75+ there? Or are you unsure whether this is something for you? Please feel free to contact us for more information.