Oxfam is a global movement of millions of people who share the belief that, in a world rich in resources, poverty isn't inevitable. We respond fast in emergencies, work on long-term projects with ...
Volunteer Till Operator
THIS IS A VOLUNTEER ROLE. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTARY WORK (UNPAID)
Shifts available on: Monday mornings & Monday afternoons
We are looking for friendly, helpful and reliable volunteers with an interest in customer service to help with our Marlow Oxfam shop. We sell second-hand books, clothes and shoes and accessories. We work in a fast-paced and busy environment and have a fun, welcoming and diverse team of volunteers.
- Operating the till
- Creating a welcoming and tidy environment
- Answering customer enquires
- Assisting with merchandising and displays
- Accepting and thanking customers for their donations
- Creating value for the donor and for Oxfam by asking every donor if they are signed up to Gift Aid
What are we looking for?
- Reliable and enthusiastic
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Willingness to learn
You do not need previous experience as we will provide all the training and support you need.
What can this role offer you?
- Develop your interest in a customer service role
- Gain retail experience
- Work with a diverse, friendly team and make new friends
- Help Oxfam overcome poverty
- References provided to future employers
- Lunch & Travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam’s local expense policy.
If this role is of interest, please do get in touch.
Applications will be considered as they are received, thank you.
Unfortunately we are not able to accept applications from under 18s.
Tempted? Click Apply now and we'll get back to you soon!
Vacancy location: Oxfam Marlow | 31 High Street SL7 1AU
Our shop complies with Covid-19 guidance and we aim to keep everyone safe with thorough cleaning and welfare procedures.
We aim to reply to applications within two working days.
Oxfam do not accept applications from anyone on the Sex Offenders list. We may inquire about unspent convictions relevant to the role and you may be required to submit to PVG/DBS check (at no expense to you).