Welcome Groups wanted: get matched with a newcomer
As a brand new student, who showed you the nicest places in town? Who motivated you to go for a coffee at that promising company? Or who told you about that cool home and was ready with paint and rollers?
Finding your way in a new place: that is easier with others. Together Here refugees offer a social network based on that idea. For informative meetings and inspiring friendships. This way you accelerate integration together.
We are applying a special method for the first time in the Netherlands. You form a Welcome Group with four close friends, family members, colleagues, teammates, year club members or neighbors. We use an innovative and proven algorithm * to find a newcomer or family that fits you well.
We agree that you spend a year together. From thinking along about study or work to practicing the language and celebrating national holidays: you make a plan together.
That is how it works:
- Register your Welcome Group on Samenhier.nl . This is also possible if your group is not (yet) complete.
- We use an algorithm to find a newcomer or newcomer family that fits you well
- The newcomers are refugees who have lived in The Hague for six years to twelve months.
- A cultural ambassador acts as an interpreter and bridges any cultural differences.
- We call regularly to see how it goes.
- We also organize various training courses. That way you can show the newcomer (s) even better the Netherlands.
Do you want to join Samen here? Register here or contact us for more information ( email@example.com - 070 763 14 98).
Samen Hier is an initiative of human rights organization Justice and Peace Netherlands .
* This matching method was developed by Dr. Craig Damian Smith and his research group at the University of Toronto, Canada.
About Samen Hier
The aim is to help the refugee (s) to find their way in our society, with the social (and professional) network, knowledge and time of the Welcome Group.
Not only can this project create beautiful friendships and bridge cultural differences, but here we all contribute to a society of cooperation.
We are still looking for people who want to form a Welcome Group, together with friends, colleagues, family, neighbors, club members or teammates. Participate? Register here or contact us for more information (firstname.lastname@example.org - 070 763 14 98). This is also possible if your group is not yet complete.