Sanquin at Work: giving blood in the boss's time
With Sanquin at Work, employers give their employees the opportunity to donate blood or plasma during working hours. In this way, Sanquin Blood Supply is responding to many requests from the business community to make a social contribution and to the permanent challenge of maintaining the blood supply. Employees are inspired by an internal recruitment campaign to register as a blood donor. The donors then donate the blood 'in their own time' (about 4 times a year) at a blood bank of their own choice. So real teamwork.
Sanquin helps participating companies with input for an internal recruitment campaign to inspire as many employees as possible to sign up and make use of this sympathetic gesture, according to tailor-made conditions. With Sanquin at Work, employers help their employees to do something good for others and to let their free time be real relaxation. Not only a good story for the 300,000 people a year who need blood, but also a nice proof of social involvement in the recruitment process!
time is life
- Donors are called up for donation on average 4 times a year.
- A blood donation takes an average of 1 hour, including completing the questionnaire and medical examination. The blood donation itself takes 10 minutes.
- You can donate blood at a blood bank location of the choice of each employee. Close to
- home or close to the office.
- By participating in Sanquin at Work, the employer itself determines which part of this time may take place during working hours.
That's why Sanquin at Work
- You encourage employees to become blood donors.
- You make it easier for employees by giving them time.
- You make an important and visible contribution to society.
- You take into account the work/life balance of your employees.
- You connect people and teams by doing something good together.
- You present yourself (also externally) as a socially involved employer.
Looking for fresh blood
After registering for Sanquin at Work, Sanquin offers input for an internal recruitment campaign. Including the online Sanquin at Work Quiz, an article about the importance of donating blood and visuals. Employees then sign up on a special landing page. Sanquin at Work is a good example of good employment practices, so Sanquin is happy to support participating companies in getting this initiative in the media, for example by means of a basic press release.