Since 2015, the Netherlands has been welcoming thousands of refugees, after which War Child, Save the Children and UNICEF Netherlands decided to pool their years of experience and expertise in TeamUp, ...
Sports and Games supervisor for refugee children in AZC's (voluntary)
To strengthen our volunteer team, we are looking for team players who want to supervise weekly activities for refugee children in Apeldoorn or Zutphen. As a TeamUp volunteer you contribute to the social emotional development of children, which reduces the risk that they will develop psychosocial problems in the long term.
You are part of an enthusiastic team of at least four volunteers. At a fixed time during the week, you and your team supervise the activities for approximately 4 hours per week. These activities have a theme and purpose. In a playful way, the children learn to deal with anger, fear and stress, for example.
You also have a signaling role. You will learn how to recognize worrying behavior and, if necessary, refer children to specialized care and guidance.
We provide proper training before you start.
- You have experience in organizing activities for children or relevant training in pedagogy, education, sports, games and / or exercise. Even if you have just dropped out of education or are still studying, we invite you to apply;
- You are available for approximately 4 hours a week from approximately 3.30 pm;
- You intend to commit to the project for the longer term. Stability is essential for this vulnerable group of children;
- You are willing to follow a two-day training beforehand and a follow-up training later in the process. You will be trained in facilitating the activities and working with the specific target group.
What do we offer?
- The opportunity to gain work experience in this field and to develop further;
- A place in an international, enthusiastic and professional team;
- First aid course;
- Counseling and stress management sessions;
- Events to exchange experience with other volunteers;
- Volunteer allowance.
Do you recognize yourself in the description and do you think you fit in with our team? Then apply quickly.
Child safety is essential to TeamUp. TeamUp therefore does not accept any form of abuse. This topic is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures.
TeamUp is a joint project of War Child, Save the Children and Unicef NL. TeamUp is made possible in part by the Fund for Asylum, Migration and Integration (AMIF)