You will do this as a mentor
You guide a vulnerable student between 11 and 14 years in his / her home environment with everything that is important for the school results and the well-being of the pupil. You visit your pupil once a week for about 1 hour for 12 to 18 months.
Points for attention for guidance are varied. These are vulnerable students for whom the switch to further education can be risky. You can think of:
- Children with language or arrears
- Children with limited support from their immediate environment
- Children with a plague background or other social indicators
- Children with parents who are not familiar with the Dutch school system
- Good command of the Dutch language
- Age 18 to 80 years
- You have affinity with the target group and the education
- You are available 1-1.5 hours per week for a period of 12 to 18 months
- You are patient, empathetic, flexible and discreet
What do we offer
- Challenging volunteer work
- Connection at a social level
- Support from the organization, both on an individual level and in the form of intervision, training / workshops and social events
In a small-scale environment you can discover your talent, develop skills and broaden your horizons! When one teaches, two learn!
About School's cool Amsterdam
School's cool Amsterdam is momenteel actief in Amsterdam, Diemen, Duivendrecht en Zaanstad.