Becoming a trip planner: being a spider in the web!
As a spider in the web you serve people who call and distribute the rides among your fellow volunteers. You can bet from 2 times a month.
Buurt Mobiel offers electric transport in the Utrecht districts of Overvecht, Northeast, Zuilen and Ondiep. We have already transported more than 20,000 customers.
Want to see what our volunteers and customers say? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnA-cz3MVg4
The trip planner is the spider in the web. You do great work behind the scenes, so that Buurt Mobiel can run smoothly. You are responsible for the planning and distribution of journeys over the available vehicles. For this position you can schedule yourself flexibly (in consultation morning or afternoon.) One or more fixed half days is of course also negotiable.
As a dispatcher / planner you speak to customers who call to order a ride. You are helpful and friendly to everyone. You organize the rides and call or text the driver to report the ride.
- answering customer transport requests by telephone
- processing journeys in Excel
- assigning the trips to the drivers on duty by telephone (we have a service telephone for this)
- informing the customer about rates and points of sale, which neighborhoods we drive, opening hours etc.
- As a trip planner you are customer-friendly, patient and helpful. You see it as a challenge to get last-minute trips scheduled.
- Experience as a dispatcher (at a taxi station) is not necessary.
- You can handle the computer and specifically Excel
- You preferably have knowledge of the districts Overvecht, Zuilen, Shallow, Northeast or you are willing to make this your own. We will of course work you in well.
- You have organizational insight.
- You are independent and responsible.
- You have a good oral and written command of the Dutch language.
- You are willing to follow our induction program.
- You keep appointments.
A certificate of good conduct (VOG) can be requested for this position. The costs are reimbursed.
• appreciation, conviviality and guidance
• insurance during the work
• volunteer agreement
• promotion of expertise
• a volunteer party twice a year
And above all a group of enthusiastic colleagues with whom you can make a difference for the elderly and other residents.
Are you enthusiastic after reading this volunteer vacancy or would you like more information? Then contact us.