Reader (study) books in Rijswijk
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?
No, you are not going to read to anyone. You are going to read a book in a professional recording studio, so that someone who is blind, visually impaired or for example dyslexic can listen to 'your' book. In Rijswijk we have sixteen recording studios in which we read novels, thrillers, literature and textbooks. If you enjoy reading books and you would like to become one of our reading heroes, then read on.
WHERE AND WHEN DO YOU GET STARTED?
You can come to the studios in Rijswijk on every Saturday between 10.15 am and 5.15 pm. We plan the days and times you want to read together.
WHAT DO WE ASK FROM YOU?
The book you have recorded will be available in the collection in the coming years to be listened to by people who are blind or visually impaired. We therefore expect something from you and your voice.
• You are 17-30 years old.
• You can read well and clearly.
• You enjoy working with your voice and language.
• You can lose yourself in a story.
• Especially with reading books, you like to act with your voice.
• Your voice must be able to talk for two consecutive hours.
• You are willing to come and read out on Saturday two hours a week.
• You are prepared to complete at least one book or to start working for 50 hours.
WHAT DO YOU GET IN RETURN?
• You learn what it is like to do voice auditing.
• You receive training on how to use your voice.
• You learn different ways of reading aloud including emoticons and punctuation marks.
• You learn to operate the buttons in the studio.
• You gain new knowledge and work experience.
• You get to know other volunteers with a preference for reading.
• You will receive a recognized certificate on request if you read at least 50 hours or record one book.
• You will receive a travel allowance if you do not have Student Public Transport.
• And of course the nice feeling that because of your effort someone with a visual or other reading disability can simply enjoy a book.
HOW TO REGISTER
Are you the reading hero we are looking for? Then sign up by sending us a digital voting test. You can read how to do this below.
• Download this text and prepare it.
• Open or download a dictaphone or voice recorder app on a smartphone, tablet or laptop.
• Record the text and save it if you are satisfied.
• Select the recording in the app and choose the 'Share' option and choose to share via email.
• Give the subject the title 'Reading school Rijswijk'.
• Put a short motivation, your name, education, work experience and mobile phone number in the message and send it to email@example.com.
One of our coaches will contact you if your voice is suitable for reading. If that is the case, we invite you to a more extensive audition.
ARE YOU STILL CONVINCED AT ALL?
Then come along on one of our 'Snuffeldagen'. Then on Saturdays between 12:00 and 14:00 you can take a look in the studios and we will gladly answer all your questions. The 'Snuffeldagen' are on:
• Saturday 11 May 2019
• Saturday 8 June 2019
• Saturday, July 6, 2019
• Saturday 3 August 2019
• Saturday 31 August 2019
• Saturday 28 September 2019
• Saturday 26 October 2019
• Saturday, November 23, 2019
• Saturday, December 21, 2019
• Saturday, January 18, 2020
• Saturday, February 15, 2020
• Saturday, March 14, 2020
• Saturday, April 11, 2020
Then check our website: https://onzichtbarehelden.com/
About Stichting Dedicon
Zo hebben we in 2018 2.523 edities van allerlei kranten en tijdschriften voorgelezen. En ook nog eens meer dan 2.300 romans en schoolboeken tot audioboek gemaakt! Daarnaast maken we ook hele andere bijzondere dingen. Zoals de eerste Donald Duck voor blinde kinderen en voelbare plattegronden van de Noord/Zuidlijn in Amsterdam.
Je snapt, dat kunnen we niet alleen. Daarom zijn we op zoek naar jou: voorleeshelden met een jonge stem waar jongeren met een leesbeperking graag naar luisteren. Ben jij tussen de 17 en 30 jaar en wil jij één van de ruim 300 ‘Onzichtbare helden’ worden? Kijk dan hier bij onze vacatures voor één van onze vrijwillige heldenfuncties.
Val je niet binnen deze leeftijdscategorie, maar wil je toch helpen? Kijk dan op www.ikhoorjegraag.nl voor de mogelijkheden.