Do you help fight loneliness among the elderly?
Did you know that in the Netherlands 500,000 elderly people are extremely lonely? And that more than half of the elderly say they feel lonely? The Golden Days Foundation is a young charity for the elderly. Our goal is to combat extreme loneliness among the elderly. We do this with the help of the 2400 healthcare institutions in the Netherlands. With their 420,000 volunteers we can reach the lonely elderly better and better. Both in the care institutions themselves and in 92% of the elderly who live independently at home. Through a multitude of activities on offer in care institutions, community centers and libraries (Golden Clubs), we promote mutual social contacts between the elderly. In addition, we focus on collaboration with other organizations that deal with the same theme.
In order to continue to motivate and assist the Golden Clubs and their volunteers in the organization of Golden Activities (see www.goudendagen.nl ), we are looking for Golden Ambassadors for the regions of South Holland, Utrecht, Gelderland and Overijssel.
The Golden Ambassadors:
· Have affinity, knowledge and experience in the field of well-being for the elderly.
· Are willing to visit Golden Clubs regularly;
· Have a car and are willing to travel a lot through the province;
· Be in close and regular contact with a Golden Days account manager;
· Are willing to attend regular meetings with colleague Golden Ambassadors from other provinces.
· Are enthusiastic and inspiring.
· A challenging and relevant volunteer job, with room for your own development
· An inspiring group of fellow ambassadors with whom you can regularly spar.
· Initial training and also volunteer meetings such as intervision or inspiration and theme meetings
· The Golden Ambassadors receive a mileage allowance of € 0.19 per kilometer.
If you want to register or have any questions, you can contact Manon van Dijk (telephone: 030 633 14 98 or email@example.com)