JOBCOACH VACANCY / CAREER
Job Description :
Finding (volunteer) work plays a crucial role in participating in society. For refugees who do not yet have a good command of the language, no work experience in the Netherlands and no social network, it is almost impossible to find a job in the short term. In practice, employers often find it difficult to hire a refugee: this requires effort and persuasiveness. Moreover, it is difficult for employers to actually "find" this target group, to bind it and, where necessary, to offer the right guidance. Here you come as a job coach to look around the corner. You will ensure that there is a connection between refugees and potential employers.
Your duties include:
-To guide, support and coach refugees in finding suitable work, whether it is volunteering, a paid job, an internship or perhaps an education.
- Make contact with employers, voluntary organizations and training institutes.
- Conduct intake interviews with refugees and prepare a personal plan of work
- Provide information about the labor market in the Netherlands
- Helping refugees build up a network or expand their existing network.
You will be guided in your work and you will be offered a training by the Rumi Foundation before you start, so that you can get off to a good start.
You bring this
- Good control of the Dutch and English language;
- Preferably also knowledge of Arabic;
- Affinity with and empathy for the refugee target group;
- Knowledge of refugee issues;
- Good verbal and written expression;
- You are driven and responsible, stress resistant, team player, proactive;
- You are able to stimulate and motivate and you are a go-getter;
- You are also living in The Hague;
- available 6-8 hours a week.
Do you like to support our project a few hours a week? Sign up now!