More than 1 million people in the Netherlands live below the poverty line. Did you know that no one needs to be hungry when we give them food surplus? That is good for people and the environment ...
Scan me or visit www.deedmob.com/o/Vereniging-Voedselbanken-Nederland/opportunities/financieel-medewerker/41897 to join
Summaryvolunteer work for Food Banks Netherlands at the financial administration in Houten
More than a million people in the Netherlands live below the poverty line. The food banks help the poorest by temporarily providing them with food parcels, more than 150,000 people in 2020. For this we work together with companies, institutions, governments and private individuals. In this way we ensure that poverty is combated, food surpluses disappear and the environment is less burdened.
Food Banks Netherlands is the national association for 171 independent food banks with 10 distribution centers and more than 515 distribution points. The national association takes care of, among other things, national food and fundraising, supports the food banks and represents their interests. The association board consists of 11 people, each with its own portfolio. The board is supported by volunteers from the VB Service Center. Everyone, both at the national and local level, works as a volunteer, totaling more than 13,000 volunteers.
Food Banks Netherlands is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of:
Financial administration assistant (voluntary work)
In this position you take care of the administration of Food Banks in the Netherlands with – and in coordination with – colleagues. You report to the Team Coordinator Administration.
- Entering invoices and declarations
- Making approved payments
- Carrying out donor direct debits
- Creating balance specifications
- Making various financial reports.
You have many contacts with the other volunteers and suppliers.
- Minimum MBO work and thinking level; with experience in administration
- Computer proficient (MS Excel, Word)
- The sector where you have gained experience is less important
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Motivated to work an average of one day a week as a volunteer
- Available on average 8 hours per week
- Work is done in Houten, preferably Wednesday or Thursday
- All work at the food banks is unpaid volunteer work
- Expenses are eligible for reimbursement
We would like to receive your CV together with a short motivation.
🗣️ Native language skills
What we will provide to volunteers💸 Reimbursement of costs
About Vereniging Voedselbanken Nederland
The volunteers at the food banks hand out food every week to people who need it temporarily. Helping companies, institutions, governments and individuals with money, food and services.