Studiezaalbegeleiders voor studenten met autisme gezocht!
Scan me or visit www.deedmob.com/o/Villa-Abel/opportunities/Studiezaalbegeleiders-voor-studenten-met-autisme-gezocht/13091 to join
SummaryVilla Abel is looking for enthusiastic counselors who want to support students with Autism in study-related activities.
Villa Abel is a foundation that is committed to higher education and university students with autism. We offer tailor-made support with the aim of enabling students to study successfully and participate in society. In addition to individual supervision, we also offer our students a study room. In this study room, students are supervised by our study room supervisors. They offer them the support they need while studying.
As a study room supervisor you have an important role within Villa Abel. You are in close contact with the students and you fulfill a wide range of tasks.
What are you going to do?
- support with study planning
- structuring moments of rest
- help prevent stress and overload
- support students in dealing with unforeseen obstacles while studying
- lunch with the students
- keeping a report of the study day of the students
What do we offer you?
- A volunteer fee of €4.50 per hour (net)
- During your shift there will be regular moments when you have time for yourself. It is therefore quite possible to work/study yourself during your shift.
- At Villa Abel you are part of an energetic and friendly team.
It is also possible to follow a three-day training in Ghent. During this training, we will discuss what 'autistic thinking' entails and how you can respond to this as a counselor. You can follow the training when you have saved 80 working hours. You will not be paid these working hours and will therefore be used to pay for the course.
What are you?
- You are studying in higher education (HBO/WO) or have a diploma at that level
- You easily connect with people, you can listen well and express yourself clearly
- You have an inquisitive and problem-solving attitude
- You know how to motivate people
- You are eager to learn
- You have a great sense of responsibility
- You are a pleasant and positive colleague
- You are available at least one day per week
It is not necessary that you have experience in guiding people with autism. It is important to start work with an open mind. Getting to know the students as individuals and their challenges is central to your work.
In the first instance, we would like to deploy you for at least six months. Working hours are during working days from 08:45 - 13:00 or 13:00 - 17:15.
Has your interest been aroused? Mail your resume and a short motivation letter to Milotte Vuyk (firstname.lastname@example.org). Further information about Villa Abel can be found on the website.