Care workers (hospital, dentist, pharmacy, care for the disabled) in The Gambia.
We are looking for volunteers with experience in healthcare. You are open to gaining a special experience, and you find it interesting to share knowledge with healthcare personnel in a developing country. If you have nursing experience, you can work in various hospitals. As a dental assistant you go to schools with a local dentist in a dentist car to check the teeth of the children. If you are familiar with medication, you can help in a village pharmacy. If you have experience in care for the disabled, you can work with children with a disability.
* You are at least 18 years old on the departure date.
* You are physically and mentally healthy.
* You are patient, flexible, reliable and interested in other cultures.
* You have experience regarding the vacancy or you are following a training for this.
* There is an application procedure.
* You pay the costs yourself which entail voluntary work in The Gambia, such as preparation and supervision costs, ticket, accommodation costs and meals.
* Interesting projects from which you will learn a lot.
* Good preparation in the Netherlands and guidance in The Gambia.
* Pick-up from the airport.
* Introduction day in The Gambia.
* A guest address which serves as a home base where the volunteer can ask questions and relax himself.
* Various options for trips and / or workshops.
This volunteer vacancy cannot (yet) be filled as long as the corona measures in the Netherlands and / or the Gambia apply. If interested, it is possible to make an appointment without obligation.