Docent of Onderwijsassistent in Gambia.
Do you find it a challenge to volunteer at a nursery, primary, secondary or vocational school in a developing country such as the Gambia? Then the basis is always supporting or teaching English lessons. It is important to first get used to the culture and to a different way of teaching and that is why you watch the first days. Depending on your level of English, enthusiasm and commitment, you will do more and more independently and you will have the opportunity to offer support in other subjects or to transfer it to the children or young people.
* You are at least 18 years old on the departure date.
* You are physically and mentally healthy.
* You are patient, flexible, reliable and interested in other cultures.
* You have experience regarding the vacancy or you are following a training for this.
* There is an application procedure.
* You pay the costs yourself which entail voluntary work in The Gambia, such as preparation and supervision costs, ticket, accommodation costs and meals.
* Interesting projects from which you will learn a lot.
* Good preparation in the Netherlands and guidance in The Gambia.
* Pick-up from the airport.
* Introduction day in The Gambia.
* A guest address which serves as a home base where the volunteer can ask questions and relax himself.
* Various options for trips and / or workshops.
This volunteer vacancy cannot (yet) be filled as long as the corona measures in the Netherlands and / or the Gambia apply. If interested, it is possible to make an appointment without obligation.