Landscaping employee in The Gambia or Senegal.
Do you like to tackle and do you like to work outside? Then this volunteer vacancy is for you! You will work at an educational center in The Gambia for children, young people and farmers who can be part of an 'educational journey from seed to sale'. As a landscaping employee you are responsible, together with local employees, for maintaining a garden of almost 1 hectare. The work includes planting vegetables, tropical trees and shrubs, pruning, grafting, general maintenance and plant labeling.
Another possibility is to work in a beautiful botanical garden in Senegal that has been created on the basis of permaculture. Permaculture is a sustainable way of gardening. Many types of medicinal plants, fruit and vegetables grow in this garden. You work in the garden, you make compost from natural material, you work with medicinal plants and transform them into medicines. This way you gain broad experience. The products from this garden are sold in a shop, a restaurant and on the local market.
* You are at least 18 years old on the departure date.
* You are physically and mentally healthy.
* You are patient, flexible, reliable and interested in other cultures.
* You have experience regarding the vacancy or you are following a training for this.
* There is an application procedure.
* You pay the costs yourself that involve voluntary work in The Gambia or Senegal, such as preparation and supervision costs, ticket, accommodation costs and meals.
* Interesting projects from which you will learn a lot.
* Good preparation in the Netherlands and guidance in The Gambia or Senegal.
* Pick-up from the airport.
* Introduction day in The Gambia or Senegal.
* A guest address which serves as a home base where the volunteer can ask questions and relax himself.
* Various options for trips and / or workshops.
Unfortunately, this volunteer vacancy cannot (yet) be filled as long as the corona measures in the Netherlands and / or Gambia-Senegal apply. If interested, it is possible to make an appointment without obligation.