translator Dutch - English
preHistorisch Dorp is looking for a volunteer translator
Are you a native speaker and do you have a passion for history? Are you good with words on paper and online? And do you want do something different for a few hours per week? Then a volunteer function at preHistorisch Dorp as a translator might be the right choice for you! We want to increase our visibility for the international audience. To support this goal, we’re looking for a translator who translates Dutch copy into attractive English copy. Texts might vary from webpages to a museum guide or an audio tour. You can work from home in your own time or during workdays at our office.
Your experience and skills:
- independent work attitude
- at least higher professional education
- fluent in both Dutch and English, preferably English as native language
- you enjoy writing historical texts that are easy to read
- preferably experience with SEO writing
- available for at least 1 day per week
You will get:
- an inspiring job with enthusiastic colleagues
- a unique workplace in a historic setting, beautifully situation in the Genneper Parken
- free entrance for you, your partner, and your children and a discount in the shop and tavern
- a training program with your new colleagues on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17: the training consists of acquiring knowledge about prehistoric times, Roman times and the Middle Ages. Participation in the program is optional.
Are you interested in this position? Please apply by sending a short motivation and CV (either Dutch or English) to Marjan Vossen, marketer at email@example.com. A translation test is part of the application procedure.