Whose story do you change?
Every person has his own story. Sometimes that story gets an unwanted turn. The result is a downward which is reinforced when someone ends up on the street. Traverse breaks that spiral through reception and guidance. Do you want to contribute to creating a safe place for people without a home? Are you curious about how you can contribute to helping someone give a positive twist to their story?
What are you going to do?
Some clients do not yet have a good command of the Dutch language. The better clients speak the language, the better they can participate in society. We are looking for language buddies, who make an important contribution to learning the Dutch language, by practicing the language in everyday things. You can think of talking together while drinking a cup of coffee, taking a walk, shopping or watching television. You can also read together or do language exercises. The language buddy has a regular client, so that people get to know each other better and a relationship of trust is created.
What are you bringing?
• Affinity with the target group;
• Good oral and written skills in Dutch;
• A respectful and patient attitude
Who are you?
- Reliable and flexible;
- Available for at least half a year for 1.5 to 2 hours per week.
What do we offer?
• A pleasant working environment;
• Good cooperation with a permanent contact person;
• Insurance against accidents;
• An interesting training offer;
• A nice workplace for students to work as a volunteer;
• A good reference for job seekers;
• If desired, a certificate.
Have we aroused your interest?
Feel free to contact Monique Hommel (coordinator volunteers) for an orientation meeting, telephone number 06 - 10 73 51 73, e-mail email@example.com