Community manager gezocht!
The organization: Young & Fair
Young & Fair is a Dutch organization for young people interested and active in the world of fair trade and sustainability. Young & Fair believes that by sharing knowledge about sustainable consumption, we enable young people to consume more consciously. We do this through various events, social media and our website, where a positive approach is paramount. This mission is carried out and carried out by an enthusiastic group of volunteers consisting of students and young professionals.
The team: Communication team
The communication team consists of a group of people with many different backgrounds and skills. There are bloggers, videographers, graphic designers and community managers. Together the team takes care of all external communication from Young & Fair. By constantly making new plans and using new means of communication, we try to reach as many young people as possible. By empathizing with our followers and always communicating positively, we make more and more young people aware of fair trade and sustainability! The communication team also supports the various project teams with, for example, social media and graphic design, so that you get to know the entire organization as a team member!
As a community manager you are responsible for the social media of Young & Fair. You keep the pages up to date and answer all messages. You receive the content for the pages from the communication team. In addition, you can of course search and share content yourself. You also have close contact with the community manager of the Fair Fashion Festival pages to ensure that these pages are always coordinated.
What you will be dealing with
- You manage the social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Share content from Young & Fair.
- Keeping in touch with the other community manager for coordination on the pages.
- Thinking along with the communication team about themes and other ideas.
- Together with the team, we think about how we can best reach young people.
What we expect from you
- Enthusiasm for sharing knowledge about sustainability among young people.
- A sense of media and image.
- Affinity with sustainability and fair trade.
The position takes around four to eight hours a week. In addition, there is a meeting once a month.