Teamleden Young & Fair weg
The organization: Young & Fair
Young & Fair is a Dutch organization for young people interested and active in the world of fair trade and sustainability. Young & Fair believes that by sharing knowledge about sustainable consumption, we enable young people to consume more consciously. We do this through various events, social media and our website, where a positive approach is paramount. This mission is carried out and carried out by an enthusiastic group of volunteers consisting of students and young professionals.
The project: Young & Fair Weg
Young & Fair Weg aims to bring a group of young people into contact with the people behind the products that are produced abroad. Travelers see with their own eyes the social impact and importance of fair trade. In conversation with workers, travelers find out how producers' lives have changed since they became part of a fair production chain. Together with a documentary maker, travelers make short knowledge clips about our journey of discovery. Together with photos, stories and experiences, this forms the input for teaching materials, lectures and possibly an exhibition. After the success of the first trip two years ago, we look forward to organizing a new, exciting trip!
The team consists of six enthusiastic volunteers who organize the entire trip together; a project leader, an acquisition coordinator, a communication coordinator, a logistics coordinator, a program coordinator and an all-round coordinator.
As part of the team, you take on three different roles in addition to your own activities; organizer, tour guide and expert. The team works closely together, organizes the journey and seeks travelers. As a tour leader, the team ensures that the journey runs smoothly. Even after the trip, the team was inspired to disseminate the knowledge gained as experts to young people. We do this by designing educational material and organizing lectures and exhibitions. In order to represent as many different people from society as possible, we are looking for a diverse team in terms of gender, cultural background and educational level.
What we expect from you:
- You have an affinity with sustainable consumption and fair trade
- You are enthusiastic to be able to perform the duties of your job professionally.
- You have a proactive commitment and can-do mentality.
- You have good communication skills and are good at working in a team
- You work in a structured manner and you are strong in maintaining an overview.
- You are available twice a month for a meeting in Utrecht.
- You are available for the entire project (preparation, travel and completion a period of approximately two years)
- Pré: you have direct contacts in Morocco or Eastern Europe that can form a network for the journey.
What we offer you:
- A super valuable and pleasant trip at a reduced rate.
- Working in an ambitious, young and enthusiastic team
- Gain experience as a travel organizer
- Gaining knowledge about fair trade and the country of destination
- Make a positive contribution to society
- Recommendations from the organization for future employers
- A great and educational addition to your resume!
- The chance to see different parts of a fair production chain with your own eyes
The position will take on average 6 to 8 hours per week. Keep in mind that as the journey approaches you will probably lose more time.
Are you excited about this vacancy and do you think you are the person we are looking for? Send your resume and motivation now!