Coördinatoren Fair Food event (Haarlem)
The organization: Young & Fair
Young & Fair is a Dutch organization for young people interested and active in the world of fair trade and sustainability. Young & Fair believes that by sharing knowledge about sustainable consumption, we enable young people to consume more consciously. We do this through various events, social media and our website, where a positive approach is paramount. This mission is carried out and carried out by an enthusiastic group of volunteers consisting of students and young professionals.
Young & Fair focuses on three pillars in its communication on sustainability; Fashion, Finance and Food. We want to give this last pillar a greater role, which means that a new event will be formed! In this event we show on the one hand how much has already happened in the field of fair and sustainable food, but we also look at what can still be improved and we give the floor to the people and organizations that have plans for this improvement. A concept for this event is ready, but it still needs to be worked out into an executable plan. As a coordinator you therefore have the unique opportunity to shape this first Food event!
The food event will be organized by a team of five people. The precise functions will be determined later depending on the content of the event, but some tasks must in any case be divided. Namely; communication, finance, the program and logistics. Together with the project leader, the four coordinators will perform these tasks. In the beginning, the entire team starts working on developing a plan for the event. You provide an event plan that is different from existing events and that is at the same time in line with the vision of Young & Fair. Then of course you will be busy with the implementation of the first Young & Fair Food event! Everyone will have their own tasks, but there will of course also be a lot of cooperation.
What we expect from you:
- Structured and strong in keeping the overview
- Able to communicate well and to work well in a team
- Proactive commitment and can-do mentality
- Affinity with sustainable consumption and fair trade
- To be present at the meeting once every two weeks
- Available for at least a year
- Pré: contacts within the sustainable Food sector
- Pré: experience with organizing events
What we offer you:
- The chance to shape a brand new event.
- Building your network in the sustainability world
- A great and educational addition to your resume!
- Working in an ambitious, young and enthusiastic team
- Support and (where necessary) guidance by professionals
- An opportunity to make a positive contribution to society
The position will take on average 4 to 6 hours per week. Keep in mind that as the event approaches, you will probably lose more time.
Are you excited about this vacancy and do you think you are the person we are looking for? Send your resume and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org , quoting the job title or fill in the form below. We look forward to your application!