TEDxAmsterdamED is looking for a marketing manager!
Thu, May 31, 2018, 7:00 PM
TEDxAmsterdamEducation is the ultimate platform for spreading new ideas and visions about education and learning. We act as a catalyst, incubator, trendsetter and source of inspiration for the future of education.
Our long-term wish is to play a key role in
giving visibility to all the small and impactful changes that are happening in
the Netherlands (and abroad) already. Every day, everywhere. We aim to inspire
the established education systems to function in such a way that students,
young and old, are motivated to learn and bring out the best in themselves. Our
stage has become the perfect spot for sharing ideas, inspiring each other, and
mobilizing all stakeholders in education.
We are looking for a Marketing Team Manager to join us! To work in a team of like minded volunteers towards creating a very successful event and school events all throughout the year.
You will contribute to the overall marketing communication strategy and manage a team of volunteers responsible for tactical marketing activities, driving ticket sales and exposure towards a successful event in May 2018.
You will be working with a team of very experienced and less experienced volunteers, this requires flexibility in your management style and the ability to motivate your team and communicate the strategy on different levels.
You will develop the marketing communication strategy together with the core team and will implement this strategy.
This is a voluntary position, but it
You will spend a minimum of 10 hours a week working on this project, you can however work outside of office hours and the team meetings will always be held in the evening or weekends.
Main responsibilities in this role include:
· Key member of the team developing the short, medium and long term marketing plans for the organisation
· Work closely with rest of the team to ensure a cohesive plan to support the organisation and event
· Lead, coach and develop the marketing team to ensure that it is motivated and is a core driving force meeting short, medium and long term objectives
· Develop and continuously improve strategy, standards, systems and processes to ensure the team delivers efficiently and consistently to meet the set objectives
· Ensure you and your team makes the deadlines set up based on the strategy and provide guidance where needed.
· Manage the cross channel marketing communication strategy from - strategic planning to tactical activities
· Responsible for the outward communication of TEDxAmsterdamED
· Manage the (limited) budget
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- If you van show us that you have the required chops in a less conventional way we would love to hear from you too!
- Fluent in English and preferably Dutch
- Marketing / Business / Communications Degree or experience in marketing communications
- Proven strong communicator and collaborator
- Experience in setting up and implementing a marketing communication strategy
- Proven track record of managing a marketing team
- Solid execution of Marketing Analytics and Financial Analysis
- Record of marketing achievement gained across multiple routes to market
- Evidence of project management skills across multi-disciplines / teams
- Result-oriented team player adaptable to a fast paced working environment
- Advanced Office User (Word, PPT, Excel)
- Familiarity and use of analytical tools and software such as SDL Campaign Manager, Google Analytics
To apply, please incorporate your covering letter with your cv, detailing relevant experience and qualifications. Please ensure you include your contact details.
Address Margot Hurkens and Robin Roosenstein
For more information: 06-17855187
Invitations to interview will be communicated by email or phone. Regrettably, we are unable to provide feedback to applicants on an individual basis prior to the interview stage.